Friday, May 30, 2008

Updates, of interest to family only, if even them

So far most of our time is just trying to get ourselves organized, and there will be a few more days of that. Buying lots of bottled water. Getting hangers to dry the clothes we wash in the hotel sink. (Yes, it is a lot like camping.)

My missing bag arrived, looking like it had been on a big adventure, but everything inside was alright. It had my toilet kit in it, so I was glad to have it back.

We have been invited to wedding tomorrow by Tuan, Ilene's language tutor. His older brother. (Number 5 of 12, he thinks. He's not sure.) I have a feeling he might have meant the wedding party and not the actual wedding.

In any case, today will be spent shopping for clothes to wear. The new airline rules about weight limits on the luggage had us wound pretty tight about bringing too much, so I don't have anything for nice. If you remember Ilene's stories from last time about clothes shopping for an American body in a Vietnamese market, you'll know I have a chore ahead of me.

Our social calendars are filling up. Ilene is going to a Salsa class tonight with a friend. Another friend of a friend is taking his to visit his family's fruit farm on Wednesday.

We found a gym yesterday and went for one day and will likely buy monthly passes.

Don't expect a lot of pix. The internet connection is very slow.

-Robert