Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tuan's birthday party




Posted by Picasa Our friend (and Ilene's Vietnamese teacher and colleague in teaching English classes) had his 27th birthday party last weekend. His sisters cooked a feast for him so he could invite all his friends. (Mostly cute girls.) We got him the Oxford Idioms Dictionary.
As usual, I mistakenly assumed the food on the table was all their was and filled up before even half the meal had appeared. The highlight was a Thai style tomato and chili pepper stew with seafood. Plus, it cleared my sinuses. For desert we had a "freshbought" cake that tasted like it could have come from Stop & Shop.
After lunch we went around the corner to the neighborhood karaoke parlor for a couple hours. I just missed getting a perfect score and a prize singing "Eight Days a Week." If I knew more Air Supply songs I'd be able to participate more.
-Robert