Friday, August 1, 2008

Favorite places-Sozo

I don't love Sozo for the cuisine particularly-- though everything I've had there has been tasty--but for the vibe. It's a great relaxing place, with really friendly staff. Plus you feel good spending money there, because it's an enterprise that provides job training and educational opportunities for impoverished families. If you're in the backpacker's ghetto and need a light refreshment, try Sozo instead of Highlands coffee or any place like that.

I particularly like the verandas on the second and third floors with views of the traffic on Bui Vien Street. They have some computers so you can check email and a small library of left behind books.

I know they have a menu of Vietnamese food, but I never looked at it closely because I always went straight to the cakes and brownies and sandwiches, which were the closest approximation to baked goods at home. I also liked getting a package of chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies from the case in front to take away whenever I was passing by.

-Robert


Posted by Picasa